Welcome to St. Pat’s Athletics
This year, there will be a web page dedicated to each sport that will contain the schedule of all games and practices. Athletic events are posted on the athletic calendar.
At St. Patrick Catholic School, we believe sports enhance the character and uplift the spirit of our school. Our athletic program is open to students in 5th through 8th grade, with over 70 percent of students participating. Our “everybody plays” philosophy allows students to participate and be part of a team. Sports teams include:
- Basketball (girls and boys)
- Volleyball (girls and boys)
- Cross-country (girls and boys)
- Football (boys 5th / 6th grade, and 7th / 8th grade)
With a Purpose
St. Pat’s offers one to three teams for each sport, coached by volunteers of parents, teachers, and qualified coaches. The program’s by-laws indicate the purpose of our athletic program is:
- To promote the physical development of each student and increase his/her potential for excellence in sports
- To develop teamwork and fairplay
- To develop self-confidence, self-control, self-discipline and a desire to be the best he/she can be
- To promote growth in social skills and moral development
- To instill in each student a spirit of pride in representing their school
- To develop a balance between competition and cooperation
We will discuss the overall philosophy of sports at school and review the diocesan guidelines at the Back to School Nights in September. Please familiarize yourself with our Code of Ethics and the St. Patrick Athletic Program Handbook for parent, coaching, and player responsibilities, our team structure policy, and program expectations.