St. Patrick Catholic School does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, creed, national or ethical origin in administration of its admission, educational, athletic or other school programs or policies. Nevertheless, St. Patrick’s is a Roman Catholic School. It is founded on the principle that religion is not merely a specialized subject in the curriculum, “It is perceived and functions as the underlying reality in which the student’s experience of learning and living achieve their coherence and their deepest meaning.” (National Conference of Catholic Bishops) Any child is welcome whose parents realize the nature of the school and are willing to accept its standards.
“Schools operating under the auspices of the Diocese of Rockford admit students of any race, color, sex, nation and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally available to students at the schools.” ( Ref. Policy #5001)
St. Patrick Catholic School does not discriminate against students with disabilities and St. Patrick Catholic School does not discriminate against individuals based on their status as immigrants.
Initial Entrance: General School Requirements Preschool – 8th Grade
- Kindergarten: must be 5 years of age by September 1 in the year of admission. Kindergarten applicants will be screened for readiness using the Developmental Indicators for Assessment of Learning (DIAL).
- First grade: must be 6 years of age by September 1 in the year of admission
- Grades 1-8: must present standardized test scores and the two most recent yearly report cards
- If applicable, parents are requested to submit any Individual Education Plan or similar documents.
- Baptismal and original county birth certificates must be presented at the time of registration
- Active, registered parishioner families of St. Patrick Parish or St. John Neumann Parish
- Children of non-parishioner families with students already enrolled in St. Patrick Catholic School
- Newly registered families in the parish whose children attended parochial school at another location
- Newly registered families in the parish whose children are transferring from public schools
- Other families registered in parishes other than St. Patrick or St. John Neumann
- Families who are not Catholic