Beginner Band Program
- 5th and 6th graders who wish to learn to play a band instrument may enroll in the Gold Band program.
- Students meet once a week in like instrument classes.
- Starting in October students also come for a weekly full Gold Band rehearsal.
- All classes and rehearsals are held before the school day begins.
- The Gold Band performs on our annual Spring Concerts (morning and evening).
Junior High Traditional Band Program
- Students in grades 6, 7, and 8 (and sometimes grade 5) who have at least one year of experience playing a band instrument may enroll in the Green Band
- Green Band rehearses twice weekly before school.
- The Green Band performs at two Christmas Concerts, Spring Concerts, and occasionally at other school functions.
- Rockestra is our Jazz-Rock band open by audition to all junior high players and singers (and to 5th graders who qualify).
- Rockestra rehearses weekly before school.
- Occasional sectional rehearsals are held before school.
- Rockestra performs at our annual Christmas Concerts and Spring Concerts.
Fees and Curriculum
Fees for Band and Rockestra are billed separate from school tuition. All students are instructed in the following areas:
- Care and handling of their instruments; tone production; intonation; music reading; rhythm reading; technique (scales, arpeggios, chromatics); and posture, hand position, and playing position.
- Both traditional and contemporary repertoire is taught and performed.